Friday, August 19, 2011

Xenoblade unboxing and first impressions

Today I got Xenoblade with the red Classic Controller Pro. A couple of things worthy of note:

- The instruction manual has a message of thanks for buying the game :)
- There are two instruction manuals: One in English and a massive thick one for every other European language. I liked the fact I got an English one on its own.
- The Classic Controller Pro is red with a red lead.
- The boxart on the game case is reversible like Sin & Punishment 2's was and the other side shows the most popular voted alternate artwork of the main character looking over the vast plain.
- The default X-axis camera is fucking backwards :( but there is the option to put it back to normal, even if that option says "reverse".
- The text is far too small to read, which is a big problem I had with Monster Hunter Tri. I don't care if it's to do with the tv, mine's a 24" standard def which is a decent size. The game should be made with that in mind.

So far, in terms of your average modern day RPG with its typical themes, setting, presentation, characters and gameplay conventions and mechanics I would say it's crafted as well as it can be. It has the same kind of things you'd see in say, a PS2 Final Fantasy game like XII. The thing is though you have to actually be interested in this kind of thing and so far I don't think I am. I would say it's strictly for fans of that genre. They should buy this. It's got the "cool n' stylish JRPG factor".

No comments:

Post a Comment