Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sam and Max Season 2 for Wii turned out to be broken in the end

I just completed all the episodes from Sam & Max Season 2 for the Wii. It's a very entertaining adventure game with its top notch humourous content. I just have to say that from the get go. The big problem was what they did for the Wii version.

Now we all know the two seasons released on the Wii stutter quite unsmoothly but we can put up with that for a good adventure game. The very most of it is very playable except for this moment at the end of episode 5: "What's New, Beelzebub?" where the stuttering problem just renders the game completely unplayable. It's like I was trying to play the game while it was streaming off the Internet on the worst dial-up connection ever. The graphics freeze entirely and the music loops the first few seconds over and over again. You know it does its level best to move along but it goes so slowly that the Wii remote will turn itself off if you don't keep pressing buttons. I'm not happy at all with how bad it became.

I wonder if this is why I had such a hard time finding the game, let alone any information about it at all including the release date.

The other complaint I have is this blatant lie on the cover that says "Extra bonus episode". This turns out to be the exact same tutorial we saw in the first season's release on Wii.

The game's still worth it for the other four episodes but don't bother even touching the fifth.

I think it's safe to say we won't see a release of the third season on the Wii. That's too bad because it's my format of choice to play these kinds of games.

No comments:

Post a Comment