Wednesday, January 9, 2013

StreetPassed someone from Waterford!

Was there a 3DS sales explosion over Christmas 2012? I ask because I've been getting loads of StreetPasses since!

Also with that, loads of NSMB2 challenges, also with the annoying world 1-5 from the mushroom pack.

In any case it's great! I'm very glad I didn't have to travel to Waterford to StreetPass someone from there too!

Isn't it strange too how you can put 3DS cartridges in and out while on the system menu but you can't do it with SD Cards unless you turn it off? The 3DS must depend heavily on the SD Card.

Actually... come to think of it, it's not weird. It's quite sensible. The SD would have all kinds of configurations and data on it which the 3DS needs and the game cartridge only needs to have the information displayed if you're not using it. I guess I'm just used to be able to do this with disc based consoles. I never dared to mess with cartridge based systems - but then again, they usually didn't have firmware menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment