Friday, January 18, 2013

HMV Patrick Street Cork closes its doors

I was greeted by this sign on the closed door of the shop the other day as I passed by which explained the situation in an unpleasantly diplomatic tone all about going into administration and how gift vouchers cannot be redeemed.

I don't think they ever did sell that Nintendo MP3 Player for the Game Boy Advance. That's been sitting on the shelf for about six years I'd say.

But yeah I have some good memories and some not so good memories of HMV. Highlights over the past year included it being the only place that sold the special edition of Pandora's Tower and they had the best deal on the 3DS XL when NSMB2 came out. They also sold the Wii edition of Project Zero 2 for 23 Euro.

Things seem kind of bleak with another of these shops gone but then again maybe something good will come out of big chains going out of business without having a fire sale or telling their customers; I mean, the whole gift voucher thing just proves they didn't care for their customers at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment