Monday, October 1, 2012

New 3DS ad: "I am not a gamer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLFoNe9iD-I

"I am not a gamer". That's the most incredible and awesome thing I've ever heard from a Nintendo ad. It's a very bold thing to say and it's the first of its kind I've ever come across.

After digging around I found that this is just one advert in Nintendo of America's new "Play As You Are" advertising campaign as explained in this press release:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/xfr4fNX6bwO1MHaHs9HQd7JZYDncw5SF

So according to this, the above ad with that genuinely bold and awesome quote is the second of several ads they're putting out. The first one is on YouTube as well and features an Olympic gold medallist talking about NSMB2. It begins with a cute "Oh! Didn't see you there!" routine (she was playing her 3DS XL).

The "I am not a gamer" lady will appear in another ad for Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. Will she use that amazing quote (or something similar) again? I'm really looking forward to it! The press release says it's out on October 28.

I think this "Play As You Are" campaign is a wonderful thing and can apply to all Nintendo fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment