Thursday, October 25, 2012

The building where GAME used to be is now a Halloween shop

Head to Patrick Street in Cork these days and you'll see this costume shop where GAME used to be. I couldn't resist going in. I felt like Indiana Jones or something looking around with a keen eye for remnants of what the place used to be. It was pretty interesting.

I didn't buy anything but the browsing experience was pleasant enough. All the goods were placed in such a manner that I didn't have to bend right down to the floor or dig through layers of packages to find anything, which was something I had to do all the time in GAME in order to have a serious browse.

I guess that's what the building will be now: just an empty lot that occasionally hosts the odd seasonal shop, a bit like the calendar shop that opens in Merchants Quay every Christmas.

On the way out I imagined an Indiana Jones style boulder rolling after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment