Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A second "I am not a gamer" ad appears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6XeECPKnJM
This time it's the famous Olympic gold medallist that appeared in another video with the "Oh! Didn't see you there!" while playing her 3DS XL.

This is where the amazing quote appears but with a whole new challenge: she's playing a Mario game.

Let me try to say it out loud (ahem):

"My name is Lucas and I am not a gamer; with my 3DS XL, I'm an Irish Nintendo Fan"

I sound dangerous.

Actually there's a reason why this blog has "Fan" instead of "Gamer" in the title. Noone I knew used the term when I was growing up and all of a sudden it appeared over the last decade. It's widely used now and I don't know if I or Nintendo's advertising campaigns can do anything to change that. I still feel weird about using the word. My two favourite magazines has the word in the title. Retro Gamer has it in their title whose reason I suspect is for lack of an easier word to use and Nintendo Gamer(no longer in print) I think it's safe to say uses the word in an ironic sense because I highly doubt they actually like the word.

The girl here in this video declares herself instead to be a coin collecting champion, which is a form of high score chasing, which itself is an arcade style of playing a game.

Way to sneak in the arcade style in these ads! Nice move Nintendo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment