Monday, September 24, 2012

Pokémon Typing is awesome!

I got this game today! I'm very fond of how that little keyboard looks and that stand for the DS is invaluable. Typing to the 3DS XL's huge screens doesn't feel weird at all. The little keyboard itself takes a little getting used to but the keys are well defined, even though my fingers just fit them. I would rank the keyboard as not being quite as comfortable as your normal keyboard but much better than a laptop's keyboard. You also have the option of using the touch screen.

To me typing is generally a fun thing to do. I enjoy typing games a lot and the world of Pokémon is well suited for this activity. In fact the game rewards you with having Pokémon knowledge because it shows you the creature before its name and typing it accurately straight away gives you more points. Typing a succession of prompted Pokémon correctly gives you combos. There are also some boss battles and rare Pokémon you have to quickly type because the chance to catch them is quite brief. Ho-Oh for example took me a few tries because you have to type the hyphen as well and quickly.

I say "catch" but you're really "studying" them, catching a record of them with a special study ball really. The world map is literally a keyboard with placenames like "Semi-colon Cavern" and the characters are puns on keys as well such as Paige Down and Quentin Werty. That is a very nice touch!

I'm really enjoying this! Maybe something like it should come to the Wii U as well. I'd like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment