Sunday, November 25, 2012

Virtual Console game removals suck.

This issue makes me depressed. Here I am promoting the Donkey Kong Country trilogy but for all the wrong reasons. From today the three games aren't available to purchase from the Wii Shopping Channel anymore and I've been in a mad rush for the past few days talking about them because of this threat(effectively speaking).

I wasn't entirely happy when the R-Type games were removed but the removal of DKC, one of the greatest game trilogies ever makes me feel very sad. The fact that I'm talking about them during their removal event more than I ever have, makes me feel worse. What if this type of blogging encourages a publisher to do this more and with ill intentions?

This time round I'm willing to give Nintendo the benefit of a doubt: There could be a temporary quality assurance issue what with the Wii U coming out and everything. Of course, this theory of mine could very well turn out to be false. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment