Sunday, August 19, 2012

Transferring non-DSi eShop purchases from 3DS to XL

This was another step I didn't mention in my post yesterday. When you've all the transferring done and start your new 3DS XL with the bigger 4 gig SD card you'll find that you have access to your DSiWare games(which are on the system's memory) but none of the other stuff like demos, 3DSWare, 3D Classics, Virtual Console games etc. This is because it's still on the old 2 gig SD card.

For this you need a PC and be able to load SD cards on it. Here's what I did to fix this:

1. Copy the stuff from the old SD to the desktop in a new folder called "holder"(suggested name)
2. Load the new SD card on the PC and make sure it's completely blank (you don't have to format it)
3. Copy what's inside the "holder" folder to the new SD card (but not the actual folder itself).

After that it's ready to go. I tripped up on this along the way. I tried copying over to the new card but it still wouldn't load anything so I just made sure it was completely blank before I did it again. There was probably some configuration that was incompatible.

No comments:

Post a Comment