Monday, August 27, 2012

Tak Fujii asks all fans about Mystical Ninja Goemon on Twitter, I give my answer here :)

Ooo! Some stuff about Mystical Ninja! Count me in!

This KONAMI Producer's Twitter is here:
http://twitter.com/tak_fujii
and here's where I found out about this:
http://www.gonintendo.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=91862

I'd like to give my own answer to both of his Twitter questions here, where I can give answers longer than 140 characters :P

Question1: Are you missing GOEMON ( Mystical Ninja ) ?

Me: I am! In fact I am missing all of Konami's classic characters and series like Twinbee, Parodius, Penguin Adventures, Road Fighter, Snatcher etc.

Question 2: OK, I hear your love... but I just wonder why. Why Goemon is so special for you, compare to other huge side scroll action franchises?

Goemon games are just like the best of the huge side scroll action franchises! They have rock solid gameplay mechanics and a colourful, appealing animated look. Goemon games are typically like a cross between Super Mario Bros 1 and The Legend of Zelda 1. What makes Goemon special is its theme and setting. Fans online love talking about how zany the humour is or anachronisms like giant robots or even just about how proud it is to be a Konami game for example having references to the Konami code or 573 or being able to go into a building in the game and play classic Konami arcade hits like Gradius. If you think you've seen it all when it comes to side scroll action games nothing prepares you for a Goemon game!

I wonder if KONAMI is thinking of bringing back Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon? That would be so awesome!! :D It would also make me very happy if answers like mine help to make it happen. If you like Goemon, go and tweet Tak Fujii!

No comments:

Post a Comment