Saturday, August 18, 2012

Moving house to my new 3DS XL (in painstaking detail!)

As I type this there are Pikmin transferring the data from the old 3DS to the new 3DS XL I bought today! There are also Pikmin arranged to form the percentage number of the process that's complete but their job is to just stand there. I wonder if it's boring for them watching their group moving various bits and pieces to the new system? Or are they glad they got out of doing that arduous task?

So yeah I got a 3DS XL since NSMB2 came out. Good thing I waited too because I got a bundle in HMV for 229 Euro which includes the handheld, NSMB2 and a third party charger(the deal would've cost more if I didn't get the charger, funnily enough)

I keep hearing about GameStop offering to transfer the data for you as a service. I can't imagine how they'd be able to do it at all. First, you have to charge your new 3DS XL when you get it out of a box, then you have to go through loads of prompts and confirmations and you even have to connect online as part of the process. Then these little Pikmin have to transfer all this stuff to the new system. This kind of thing you're much better off doing in the comfort of your own home as it takes hours. In any case it really isn't something you can do while waiting at the counter in GameStop.

No comments:

Post a Comment