Thursday, August 30, 2012

Nintendo Gamer magazine is dead :/

Wowee.

They just announced on their website that they won't be bringing out hard copies of their magazine anymore. I suppose from now on it's just a blog like gamesradar, kotaku or any of those.

I've been getting this magazine for years as you may know but I haven't blogged about individual issues for a long time now. I'll have to catch up.

Noone really talked about them much but when they did it was always with fondness and I admit it was fun seeing Americans get thrown off by their sense of humour (though they always cop on to the jokes afterwards). They were always great for import reviews of games, often times being the very first review to appear and be listed on the likes of metacritic etc. Sales numbers for the magazine were awful for a loooong time. I think it may have been the worst selling games magazine in recent years but I'm not 100% sure on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment