Saturday, February 11, 2012

Things Alison Whitney could do and would be great at

Listen to me go on! Like I'm some expert or fanboy. I shouldn't really pretend to be either, just thinking here.

She would be good for some kind of family entertainment like a sitcom with a laugh track. I'm actually thinking that she would be brilliant in some kind of Jim Henson production with muppet-like creatures around. Those shows suit everybody, not just kids. If she were to do something like Sesame Street I can imagine her being like Elmo's cool auntie.

I thought a good bit about her doing Samus Aran for some kind of Metroid feature. I think Alison has an unusual quality but it's different to what I picture Samus' unusual quality being like. Considering her portfolio you'd think the most Samus-y thing she could do is promote the latest Metroid game while wearing the suit without the mask and then do one of Samus' moves with a cheesy but amusing special effect.

I imagine the closest to being Samus you could be is to study Daryl Hannah's character in Blade Runner(or maybe even Splash!). I wonder if Alison could do that?

Imagine if Studio Ghibli did a Metroid feature? That would be interesting, and they're known for making movies starring the kind of females you could make plenty of comparisons with Samus Aran.

I told you I'm not an expert! I just deviated and went talking about video games.

Ok how about this: Alison has something different about her. I can't imagine a lot of other women doing Nintendo Week as well as she did it and whatever it is that she had, it's a valuable asset.

No comments:

Post a Comment