Friday, February 10, 2012

Just found out that Alison has left Nintendo Week

Aw! I've lapsed in my viewing of the episodes so I didn't find out until now. At the end of last week's episode she was revealed to be an alien and got beamed away. It reminds me of The Simpsons where Poochie left Itchy & Scratchy for his home planet. Alison didn't die on her way back though thank goodness!

She did some great PR for Nintendo of America with her smiles, charm and glamour and seemed to have great respect and discipline for it. I admit it's nearly always very strange to see women do PR for video games. I wonder if girls who aspire to become involved in the industry feel like the old man that can be found in Alltrades Abbey in some of the Dragon Quest games who aspires to become some kind of french maid?
They needn't let that get in their way though as there are veterans like Violet Berlin and Bettina Pieri who have presented game shows in the past. They were quite good.

Anyway, her full name is Alison Whitney and she has a kind of portfolio website with a c.v. of what look like very interesting B movies and a reel of her at her very best, even showing roles where she's swearing and everything.

I wonder what Gary's c.v. is like? I wonder what his second name is? Anyway he's doing the show with his Dark Gary alter ego right now. It's a big change but I hope the show will go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment