Friday, February 17, 2012

Replaying Banjo-Kazooie

I love Banjo-Kazooie so much. I'm using an emulator to play it but still using my N64 controller via an adaptor. I then mapped the buttons, swapping the 3D stick and Z button with the d-pad and L button. It controls pretty well for me this way! Normally I wouldn't dare using a d-pad to play a 3D game but I'm happy with it so far.

Maybe I'll be able to give other games of this nature that use the d-pad exclusively a go? We'll see.

Anyway the collectathon nature of platform games like this and especially this one is just so enjoyable to indulge in — yet it annoys me in other newer games for some reason.

It may be on the Xbox now but I don't see how an Xbox fan would be interested in it at all. It actually looks better than other games for the system but that's more because of its aesthetics and style.This game is just too lovely and colourful to go out of fashion unlike all the other games for the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment