Saturday, September 24, 2011

Trying out 3D Classics: Twinbee for 3DS

God I loved Bells & Whistles in the arcade. I also loved Pop n' Twinbee on the SNES. I even bought the inferior PC Engine version of B&W, Detana Twinbee on the Wii Virtual Console. Now on 3DS I bought the recently released 3D Classics version of the original Twinbee. I suppose it's some kind of urge I have to support the Twinbee series even though it's only getting rereleases in recent times. A new one for the Wii would be lovely Konami. (along with new Parodius, Gradius, Mystical Ninja, etc etc)

Anyway, this game is as fun as it ever was and I like it more than Xevious(although Xevious has nice 3D clouds on the sides whereas this only has a plain curtain on the sides, but you could be super positive and say it's a nice nod to the opening of Gokujou Parodius). This version of course has the 3D effect — if you can imagine a sheet of paper with a drawing of an aeriel view laid out on a table and then put buttons on it or something, that's what it's like to look at. You can see a clip of it on the eShop anyway.

A nice thing this version has is fully customisable controls along with an option for rapid fire. P-p-pew!

No comments:

Post a Comment