Sunday, September 18, 2011

#6 of 10: NES Open Tournament Golf (3DS NES Ambassador)

I naturally shy away from golf games but I have played a couple of the ones Nintendo published like Mario Golf 64. When I saw this on the ambassador list I actually mistook it for another older game on the NES which was just titled "Golf". This newer one has nicer graphics, sound and you get to have the Princess as your caddy!

Due to a game about golf having such an easy going nature it suits a handheld very well. Circle pad concerns aren't applicable here at all and the only quick reflexes you need are the two timed button presses for your swing.

There are a nice amount of stats and menu options you can mess around with and I'm sure it'll all be easy to understand if you're into these kinds of games. Also, due to it being an NES game you're never waiting for a loading screen and the pacing is generally nice and quick but still has that feeling of suspense.

As for how it looks I always think if a golf course looks like it would be a nice interesting place to have a walk around in and explore it looks really good. This game pulls it off very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment