Sunday, September 25, 2011

Retro Gamer Issue 93

This was last month's issue but I'm playing catch up! This month the staff were asked what was the first arcade game they played. I'm struggling to remember what mine was. Was it New Zealand Story? Was it Tumblepop? Was it Snow Bros? Whatever it was it was probably some kind of cute platformer.

Nice article on Buster Busts Loose and an amazing collector's guide to the Super Nintendo. Learned about a couple of nice curiosities like Majyuuou(it's like Castlevania on crack), Magical Pop'n and Whirlo. I like the Parodius article as well.

One of the featured homebrew reviews I like was NES Virus Cleaner. I tried it for myself and it's quite addictive but tough, avoiding things like you would in say, Frogger and collecting all the bits to complete a level.

No comments:

Post a Comment