Friday, September 30, 2011

Four Swords in single player feels like being the only kid on the playground.

A playground full of different types of see saws. It makes you wish you had others to enjoy it with. I suppose that's where it succeeds. I wouldn't have been motivated to go through the hassle of finding someone to play it with otherwise. Having no wires or cartridges to deal with makes things easier too.

Now I know myself from playing Four Swords Adventures on the Gamecube that it can be lots of fun playing in single player mode. This remake of the original Four Swords is nowhere near as good as it. That's kind of to be expected really as Four Swords gameplaywise is really just a big bonus mode whereas Four Swords Adventures has a more satisfying single player campaign. The latter came out later as well so the formula got improved.

If Nintendo does something like this again they should strive to make it better than these two games put together. I was always a little curious of the GBA game that eluded me for years and now my curiosity is satisfied. Time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment