Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kirby TV Channel review and in-depth info!

This channel was just released today on the Wii for free so I nabbed it straight away! As far as the content goes there are 4 episodes of "Kirby Right Back At Ya!" up there already and they're all in English. I wonder if it's different for non English speaking European countries outside Ireland?

Each episode will only be available for two weeks and then they won't be available on the service anymore(except for the first one). There's a timetable showing what dates episodes are going to be released on. There are 51 episodes in total and they'll be released gradually every Monday and Thursday until the 1st of December of this year.

The menus and settings are nice. You can see a timetable of the schedule and you can have announcements sent to the Wii menu's message board when a new one becomes available. The menu also plays 2 remixed background music from older Kirby games:

Orange Ocean from Kirby's Adventure - for the most part
Beginner's Show from Kirby's Fun Pak - for the timetable menu

I love all these nice little touches :)

I watched all 4 currently available episodes. I'll talk more about them another time. They streamed perfectly on my connection without any hitch whatsoever! I love it.

There are two things that would improve the service for me:
1. Subtitle options.
2. Being able to watch the Japanese version of the show too.

No comments:

Post a Comment