Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dragon Quest VI's Job System

I'm playing a lot of this game recently. (I'd want to be, seeing how much talking I've done about it!)

But anyway I just got comfortable with the job system. It's a nice system. Each job has 8 of its own levels and it's at that point you master the job so you can switch. This is great, compared to other RPGs I've played that have 99 levels for a job! It doesn't punish you for switching jobs either so it's a huge huge improvement.

This is just based on my experience of course. Though I usually hate job systems it's because I could've played RPGs that didn't do it very well due to them being really old games or something. There's probably other RPGs I haven't played that have magnificent job systems. That's why I'm hesitant to give examples right now though this is the best I've come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment