Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Wii Mini's appeal to me: It's a toploader

Now that there's actually going to be a European version of this thing I can think about it a little more.

The fact that it toploads games appeals to me as it's very nostalgic. My old CD player was like that and I have fond memories of the toploading PS1, listening to the disc spinning during quiet moments in a game. That's the biggest thing that appeals to me about it and it's more or less just a novelty really, especially considering all the stuff it CAN'T do.

If you want one, be informed about it first.

Edit: Forgot to mention GameCube, which was also a toploader! To me it feels nicer to put a GameCube disc into a GameCube than it does when you put it into an older Wii that's compatible with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment