Saturday, February 23, 2013

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is savagely addictive

It looks absolutely lovely too. I've been playing the 3DS demo since it came out the other day and it's kind of hard to stop. The thing is, and this is the honest truth here: The game isn't particularly fun. However, it's addictive.

I may be in want of a better way to explain this but I'll try the best I can. It's addictiveness is somewhat similar to a good old fashioned hard day's work when you're totally absorbed in it. But even after all that, it IS work, highly psyched as you may be. It's contrastable to the addictiveness of a normal RPG or simulation, which is like being addicted to popping bubble wrap.

Generally it's much more exciting than most RPGs and it makes a lot of things about modern Zelda games seem silly. That's a big achievement in my book.

Still, I'm kind of asking myself if I really want to be involved in this. The game comes out in a few weeks so I've plenty of time to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment