Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The way I'm playing Donkey Kong Country Returns

So I've been playing a good bit of this game and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. There's a lot of extra stuff to do like collect jigsaw pieces, banana coins, KONG letters, uncover bonus stages, buying things in Cranky Kong's shop... etc.

I find I'm doing very few of these things. I'm buying the key from each world from Cranky's shop alright to get the extra level. When I'm playing the levels themselves I find I'm rushing through them or that I'm trying to bulldoze my way as much as possible. I really like the game so how come I'm doing this?

It seems the levels are made with speedrunners in mind! That'll add a nice bonus to the game. Another thing is that this is reminiscent of all those times I played through DKC3 as fast as I could and putting in cheats to make the game harder and get a better endgame score. This is one of the nice things that has carried over to this new game even though its quite different in many ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment