Saturday, December 18, 2010

Irish/European edition of Super Mario All Stars for the Wii plays in 50Hz

I really don't like being negative when I talk about video games. The more I hear about this title though the less I think of it. Just today I heard that the PAL version of the game plays in 50Hz only, meaning we get the slower version of the game even though it's commonplace that we get 60Hz games now. It makes me unhappy and discouraged. Now it's not the worst retro compilation as there are an awful lot of rereleases by other companies that are really really terrible but Nintendo should not do stuff like this that make them seem like they're doing the same bad things other companies are doing.

The Nintendo I know is the one who put NES games in Animal Crossing, The Lost Levels as an unlockable in Super Mario Bros Deluxe on Game Boy Colour and the one who gave me Metroid 1 as a free gift (on at least 3 seperate occasions!). This compilation is unbecoming of them and time should be spent instead making better games than they've already made years ago.

But hey it's not like we'll even think of dwelling on this in a few years! If you really want to feel less bad about buying this then look at all the really bad games that are out there today. Really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment