Saturday, October 16, 2010

On Edge magazine's review of Last Window

This article gave me food for thought. I already knew that Last Window's developer Cing filed for bankruptcy but I never thought to observe the parallel with the main event that is taking place in the game - the owner of the apartment building where Kyle Hyde lives suddenly decides to close it down and sell it. This is what Edge magazine does in its review.

Now, Last Window was being developed last year whereas Cing filed for bankruptcy sometime this year. I wonder if Cing developed this game knowing what was going to happen to them and if they intended to express themselves through the events that take place in this game? I'll continue to play it with this in mind.

But hey, it could very well be a coincidence. Then again, thinking about this kind of thing can be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment