Sunday, May 20, 2012

GoNintendo posts Wii U Controller redesign and comparison

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177550

This deserves linking. There's an animated gif on this page that shows the difference between the Wii U controller we saw at E3 2011 and this rumoured slight redesign. You may have missed it the first time round if you're a GoNintendo reader but now it's updated with this very handy gif image.

We see slightly different placements of the various input components, particularly the analogue circle pads which are now analogue sticks.

My opinion? Well I do like the 3DS circle pad. I like analogue sticks too, particularly the ones found on recent Nintendo controllers for the Gamecube and Wii. I guess I can welcome the change.

The big thing that matters though is the D-Pad! It still looks good and big and comfortable and I hope it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment