Friday, November 18, 2011

Got Zelda: Skyward Sword and Mario 3D Land! Also, Skyward Sword first impressions!

Got both games without a hitch today! Apart from the bad rainy weather nothing else came in the way! I haven't played Mario yet but I've been playing some of the Zelda game.

A couple of things pissed me off straight away, namely the illegibility of red highlighted keywords and the fact that I had to turn on the widescreen settings to get rid of the horrible borders (well, alleviate them anyway). In the past I've always applauded Zelda as having text done perfectly. Now it's showing signs of getting as bad as the rest of them.

Characters faces look weird when they move and they talk a lot...

Getting used to how the cursor works can be a bit disorienting. I hope I can get used to it.

Sword controls are fucking lovely though! You still make it swish by doing little flicks but you have perfect control over what position you hold the sword in and what direction you flick. The moment I got a chance to be able to use the sword I started smiling and laughing straight away. Hmm... maybe that should've been the very first part of the game? It's worth noting that this is also my first time playing a Wii MotionPlus game.

Music is wonderful, especially during calm or quiet moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment