Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Retro Gamer Issue 94

I'm a bit late again but technically this is still the latest issue as issue 95 will be officially on sale tomorrow haha!

The last one of these posts I made got a nice little bit of attention! I'm grateful for it. If you ever want to have a quick preview of an issue of this magazine, the editor always does a little YouTube vlog where he flicks through the latest issue when it comes out. The address for his channel is here:

http://www.youtube.com/retrogamerdaz

Now then, the staff were asked what their favourite point-and-click adventure game was. As for me, I must admit the only SCUMMVM game I've ever played in great detail was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, which is said to not be as good as the likes of Fate of Atlantis. It's hard for me to pick a favourite but I love the World Builder games that were on the Macintosh Plus, my favourite ones being 3rd Floor and Space Adventure.

One of the columns talks about when game shops used to be called "emporiums". I don't really remember anything like that but I did come across that term when I flicked through an old games magazine the other day.

The big special feature is about the making of Maniac Mansion. It's those games I've got to play someday because I love adventure games!

The future classic is the first Mario & Luigi RPG(great trilogy). There's a big GBA feature as well about the top games that weren't remakes which is a very nice read. I'm glad they included Drill Dozer and Mother 3.

Trashman is a very interesting Spectrum game to read about and a funny one to play once I got the hang of it. Nice article about the Pippin too. I'd say there would be a lot of people interested in learning about that console now since Apple was one of the companies who were behind it.

Konami's GI Joe is featured in the unconverted article. I must try that out someday since I know someone who really loved that game as a kid. Plus of course the fact that I'm a bit of a Konami freak myself!

Discworld might be an interesting game to try out someday. Slightly Magic might be too, though I haven't really played the Dizzy series.

I love the Minority Report article. This month's one talks about the SuperGrafX.

Haven't tried any of the homebrew games but they're loving the Space Harrier port for the Atari 8-Bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment