Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Satoru Iwata gets me excited about Raccoon Mario in his GDC 2011 keynote speech

Satoru Iwata showed screenshots of a new Super Mario game for the 3DS during his speech and then ended on a big cliffhanger! He showed the tentative logo for the game and asked us to note the tail-like shadow at the end. Then he told us to wait until E3 to find out what it's all about! The big tease!!!

I'm dying for Raccoon/Tanuki Mario from Super Mario Bros 3 to come back so this is very exciting for me!

I'm so glad I caught that part of Iwata's speech. I knew I was going to miss the first half of it and luckily I just caught the news about the new Mario as soon as I started watching the stream from Nintendo's site. Now I'll wait for the whole thing to be uploaded somewhere so I can watch it from the beginning.

Iwata of course talked about game industry issues but that's not what's exciting right now. That Mario announcement was a kind of 'gameblogger' 'fanservice' so I intend to blog about that for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment