Friday, September 24, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World movie

What an amazing film. It's just packed with references to video game conventions and I enjoyed it so much I went to see it twice. It's coming to the end of its cinema run here in Ireland and it's gotten a good response from many people I know who've seen it. Even the film critic Mark Kermode liked it, comparing it to George Lucas' Howard the Duck, which he also liked, outlining what both films have in common.

Many local bookshops to me now have shelves near the front of their stores with the graphic novels the movie is based on for sale. I've seen some people buying a few volumes of them at a time. That shows the whole thing is doing well enough over here. I heard it wasn't that well received by audiences in America, which is a shame because it really is a fun movie to watch. If you haven't seen it yet check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment