Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Grant Kirkhope releases Banjo-Kazooie OST for free, my fond memories

Grant Kirkhope has been spending the past two days on Twitter telling people "It's free" over and over. I guess people are finding it hard to believe that such quality music is being distributed like this!

http://grantkirkhope.bandcamp.com/album/banjo-kazooie

Actually, I remember I used to read Rare's Scribes page and they used to give away downloads of their game music whenever fans asked for a particular track. I don't know if they still do that but it was a pretty cool thing to do.

I don't mean to sound coarse or anything but...  I used to masturbate to the theme of Gobi's Valley.

Yup. I was 15 years old when the game came out in Summer 1998 and of course that's one thing a normal healthy boy of that age does constantly.

The music itself didn't make me randy but it was just a very pleasant background rhythm to have while doing it and thinking of the big jiggly bosoms of my female classmates and teachers.

The part in the pyramid where you have to rush through the maze and the music gets faster and faster was particularly effective.

Looking back on that now I just smile fondly :) This is just one memory and I still enjoy the music a lot. I can even tap into the rhythm that I found so pleasant but my hormones aren't that turbulent now! Besides, teenagers usually listen to absolutely miserable music to get them through their tough times and I'm actually quite proud of the fact that I listened to stuff that was so upbeat and actually of very high quality.

Like I said, this is just one track and one memory. I have many others, mostly involving scratching my head looking for music notes, jiggies and jinjos. Thank you Grant Kirkhope!

No comments:

Post a Comment