Friday, March 8, 2013

Legend of the River King for 3DS VC has maps!(it's pretty good too!)

This game came out on the VC yesterday. Back in the Game Boy Colour days I ignored it because fishing didn't sound particularly enticing to me and I couldn't imagine how it could also be an adventure/RPG game. I'm making up for that now that I realise how nice of an adventure game it is. The fishing isn't too complicated and it's something you do to trade for money and other things that'll help you progress to other areas in the game. Fishing is your quest; your ticket to adventure!

Now, the maps. The included electronic manual has these wonderfully detailed maps showing the game's areas and they show where the various fish can be found. I'm looking at these maps and I can't wait to explore these upcoming areas! I love that kind of excitement! The rest of the manual is filled with all these wonderful and daft fishing puns. It could be a direct transcription from the original manual. In any case, they did a mighty job on this re-release! Well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment