Tuesday, May 13, 2014

An attempt to understand Tomodachi Life by comparing it with Wonder Project J2 for N64

Wonder Project J2 is my unrequited love. I say that because I fell in love with it when I read about it in Nintendo magazines in 1996 and the game was never released in Ireland.

I'm watching an English fan-translated walkthrough by a nice German YouTuber named hasew to make up for all the times I've longed to play the game but couldn't for some dumb reason or other.

As I watch him play I begin to see similarities with the gameplay I've seen for the upcoming Tomodachi Life!

Of course they differ in many ways too; Wonder Project J2 features the darling Josette and a big storyline, whereas Tomodachi Life features the user-generated Miis having all these silly misadventures based on their individual statistics.

They're similar in the way that you spend time with characters from both games in their homes that affect how they'll behave in the outside portion of their little worlds. Then, when you go out and choose an area it'll play out a scene or event in which your characters take part and you'll see the result of what your interaction has contributed.

For the sake of their common concepts and as a tribute to Wonder Project J2, I'm rooting for Tomodachi Life's success in Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment