Saturday, September 14, 2013

Shantae and Monster World similarities are coincidental (but co-exist peacefully of course!)

From that interview I linked to yesterday I found that what I previously thought was clearly an influence on Shantae was purely coincidental!

Matt mentions Monster World 4, which also stars a cool girl character. I thought it was Monster World 2 (Dragon's Trap/Dragon's Curse etc) that influenced Shantae! My reasoning of course is the animal transformations, which is a theme that's common to both.

It turns out though that no game in the Monster World series were so much an influence on Shantae as the likes of Castlevania were! Purely coincidental that they had similar themes and spookily so!

Again, go watch the interview! It's really interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment