Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Exploring Nintendo's Dream Suite towns in Animal Crossing New Leaf

I finally gave the Dream Suite a go after building it a short while back. What drove me to do this was Isabelle tweeting about the official Nintendo dream towns and giving out codes for them.

Of course there are different Twitter accounts for the different regions and each region has a different dream town, which can all be accessed with any regional version of the game:
The American dream town code is 5700–2038–6151
The European dream town code is 7900-2106-3477
The Japanese dream town code is 0000-0100-0017

Now, I've been wondering how this actually works and now that I've tried them all, it seems to me that when you create a dream town it gets uploaded to a server that Nintendo runs and it's then made available for other players to check out and explore.

This of course means that it's service oriented and when this generation of games passes we won't be able to use the Dream Suite any more, so enjoy while the game's hot!

By the way, I got a Reggie design from Wendell in the American town and a Tingle design from the Japanese town. Have a look for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment